The constant fight of our patients has been against being overweight. The goal is to be healthier and look healthier. This is already a great start for the battle against extra pounds. After making the decision to transform their lives, patients decide which path they are going to take to lose weight, whether it is bariatric surgery, non-surgical procedures, or diet and exercise.
Taking into account that the vast majority of our patients at Innova Weight Loss Solutions have tried to lose weight with diet and exercise without achieving the expected results, they seek less invasive and less expensive methods to achieve their goals. At that time our patients ask us: how can I lose 60 pounds in 6 months?
We are always happy to tell our patients that losing 60 pounds in 6 months is possible with our flagship procedures like the Orbera gastric balloon and Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty.
Why It Is Difficult To Lose Weight Without Help
When the goal is to lose 60 pounds or more in 6 months, and you have tried to achieve it with diet and exercise without having satisfactory results, you want to know why. Another very common question from our patients is “why do I regain the weight I had lost?” What is commonly known as the Yo-yo or rebound effect?
Although many patients have the perception that losing weight is a matter of will, really it is just one of many requirements that are needed to meet the goals of losing weight. Sometimes there are circumstances that prevent patients from meeting their goals and require the help of a professional team to lose weight.
To help our patients lose 60 pounds in 6 months we have our flagship procedures like the Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG) which has helped people lose a significant amount of weight, even up to 60 pounds in just 6 months!
Reasons, why weight loss efforts fail, are:
- Patient commitment: Sometimes patients do not commit to making changes in their eating and exercise habits, usually patients fail in their process by not eating the right foods In medical nutrition therapy, they recommend trying to control anxiety by eating, and letting your guard down when you begin to notice weight loss.
- Metabolism: Overweight and obesity often begin in childhood and can be a product of genetics, many patients may experience that their body is playing against them because the human body is built to conserve calories naturally. For this reason, when we start a diet and reduce calorie intake, the body begins to save calories by slowing down the body and preventing weight loss.
- Insulin Resistance: Another aspect to consider is elevated insulin levels and insulin resistance that are associated with excessive weight gain and obesity.
- Food addiction: Some patients have reported weight gain due to psychological factors, leading the patient to ingest large amounts of sugar and fat, which according to studies, send rewarding signals to the brain.
- Stress: When a person is stressed, their body releases a hormone called cortisol that affects metabolism and stimulates fats and carbohydrates. This can create a burst of energy that was historically important for survival but also increases your appetite. Short-term high cortisol levels are normal, however, long-term, chronic high levels can lead to overeating and weight gain.
How Can I Lose 60 Pounds In 6 Months With Innova Weight Loss Solutions?
To achieve this goal, our professional team offers two non-surgical, non-invasive procedures that can help you achieve the goal of losing 60 pounds in 6 months: the Orbera balloon and the same 60 pounds in just 3 months with the endoscopic gastroplasty procedure ESG. These two procedures will help the patient significantly as they progress in their weight loss process.
They will help with 2 of the most difficult tasks that people try to lose weight. Portion control with these procedures is forced and the patient can only eat a small portion of food before being and feeling full.
If the Orbera gastric balloon and endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty are used correctly, as a tool to assist the patient in their weight loss efforts, they will be successful in losing weight and keeping it off. Losing 60 pounds will require dedication, perseverance, and patience because losing a large amount of weight means some drastic lifestyle changes.
Our two signature procedures can help you lose more than 60 pounds, but they won’t do all the work for you. To be successful in losing weight, patients will also need to follow the instructions and guidelines provided by their Inova Weight Loss Solutions team.
How Does Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG) Work?
ESG is a non-surgical procedure that is performed on an outpatient basis and patients can return home the same day. The procedure requires no incisions as it is performed entirely through an endoscope that is passed down the patient’s esophagus and into the stomach.
An endoscope is a small flexible tube that is equipped with a tiny camera that also allows other tiny surgical instruments to be passed through the tube itself. The surgeon places sutures in the patient’s stomach to leave it in the shape of a banana, reducing the stomach by up to 70%.
This new shape of the stomach reduces the amount of space available inside and the patient can no longer eat as much at one time. The new stomach will also stay “full” longer and reduce the appetite that often causes a person to snack between meals.
Since endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty is not surgery, it does not require overnight hospitalization and does not involve large hospital, nursing, and medical expenses, there are no incisions to take care of and it does not leave scars. The procedure can also be reversed if necessary and is often used to review previous bariatric surgeries that have not continued to work.
How Does The Orbera Gastric Balloon Work?
The purpose of a gastric balloon is to become a tool to start a weight loss journey. This is a non-surgical procedure and less invasive than any bariatric surgery. The gastric balloon is inserted into the stomach where it is inflated with a blue saline solution. The device will remain in the patient’s stomach for up to six months. This procedure will promote the feeling of satiety, decreasing the feeling of hunger.
After a gastric balloon is inserted into the patient’s stomach, the patient must follow a personalized diet and exercise regimen as determined by medical nutrition therapy. Along with the Orbera gastric balloon, strict diet and behavior modification of the patient play an important role in the success of weight loss.
If you’re ready to start transforming your habits and want to lose a significant amount of weight, Innova Weight Loss Solutions is here to help you every step of the way. Our weight loss experts have your best interest at heart and will help you achieve your weight loss goals. You can make an appointment here at one of our convenient locations in New York or Puerto Rico to start losing weight today.