ORBERA®Integrated Weight Loss System
The Orbera gastric balloon is a non-surgical procedure for weight loss. This means there are no surgeries, stitches, scars, or long recovery times after the procedure.
A tool to lose up to 3x more weight
Orbera® helps patients lose up to 3x times more weight than with diet and exercise alone.
Over 300,000 balloons are placed worldwide.
Stop wasting money on weight loss systems that don’t work
The Orbera® gastric balloon weight loss procedure has significant results within 6 months by adhering to the nutrition and physical activity recommendations that our team will develop for you.
The Orbera® weight loss program is at the forefront in gastric balloon technology, along with a team of professionals who will support you and put together a personalized diet and exercise plan.
This comprehensive program will provide a solid foundation for patients to learn about healthier lifestyles and learn to take control of portions to lose weight effectively and in the long term.
The Orbera® Weight Loss System helps patients lose up to 3 times more weight than diet or exercise alone.
300K – Real results around the world
Millions of pounds were lost with the Orbera® gastric balloon, and more than 300,000 gastric balloons.
Stomach – weight loss without surgery
This procedure is non-surgical for weight loss. This means that there are no surgeries, cuts, stitches, or scars after the procedure.
20 Years – The gastric balloon
Orbera® is the world’s leading weight loss balloon and has helped over 300,000 people achieve their weight loss goals for over 20 years.
How Orbera® Works
Without surgery – The gastric balloon is inserted orally (endoscopic procedure) through the esophagus and is placed directly on the stomach, during a procedure that is carried out relatively quickly and without surgery. There is no need for incisions, stitches, or scars.
It is not permanent – After 6 months, the balloon is carefully removed and then the directed care program begins.
- The most important thing to emphasize is that it is a procedure, without surgery – the gastric balloon is inserted orally (endoscopic procedure) through the esophagus and is placed directly on the stomach, it is a process that does not take more than 30 minutes. There is no need for cuts, incisions, stitches or scars;
- It can be reversible: after 6 months, it is removed in the same way through an endoscope and then the support program begins by our team;
- The deflated Orbera® balloon is inserted into the stomach through an endoscope;
- The balloon is inflated using saline solution to the size of a grapefruit;
- The balloon occupies enough space in your stomach to help the patient feel full much faster and adopt healthier habits;
- After a period of 6 months, the balloon is removed with a non-surgical procedure in less than 30 minutes.
- Real-time monitoring devices;
- Mobile applications on IOS and Android platforms.
Success with the Orbera®
“If I had felt this way before, I can’t imagine what my life would have been like.”
“I thank Orbera® for saving my life and helping me transform into a healthier, thinner person.”
“This is the cheapest new life I could have bought. I have another 40 years with my family.”
Frequently Asked Questions
The cost of the Orbera® treatment varies, it is generally an all-inclusive price. This all-inclusive price includes the placement procedure, the extraction procedure, and 12 months of medical and dietary support.
Orbera® occupies a sufficient space in the stomach of patients and will provide a feeling of fullness. The system will help you achieve adequate control of your food portions during the six months that the balloon is in your stomach. It usually takes a few days for your body to adjust to the Orbera® balloon. Most patients experience nausea, vomiting, and reflux, but this usually subsides within a few days, and your doctor will guide you on how to manage these symptoms.
Orbera® has helped more than 300,000 patients worldwide lose weight. More than 200 clinical studies of Orbera® have been conducted around the world. In the clinical study used during the FDA approval application process, patients on average lost 3 times their weight through diet or exercise and up to 10% of their total body weight.
In most patients, weight loss is rapid and most of it occurs in the first three months after balloon placement. While most weight loss occurs in the first few months, Orbera® is a 12-month program that provides training and coaching to help you maintain your weight.
Many patients use time with their Orbera® balloon and the post-procedure training period to develop a new lifestyle. Thus, achieving their weight loss goal and/or continue the weight loss process. Therefore, the training and follow-up period after balloon removal is very important. However, some patients may regain weight after balloon removal. In a clinical study in the US, patients on average maintained 75% of their weight loss after 6 months of balloon removal.
Orbera® Intragastric Balloon System
For full safety information, download the Orbera Patient Information Booklet
Important safety information for the Orbera® Intragastric Balloon System
- The Orbera® Intragastric Balloon System is a weight loss tool for patients suffering from obesity, with a body mass index (BMI) ≥30 and ≤40 kg/m2, and who have tried other weight loss programs, such as following multiple diets, and exercise routines, and have not achieved sustainable weight loss;
- To receive the Orbera® balloon, the patient must be willing to adhere to a 12-month program, beginning with the placement of the Orbera® and continuing for 6 months thereafter, which includes a nutritional medical plan and an exercise plan. It is important to clarify that if the diet and exercise program is not followed, the patient will not experience significant weight loss results. In fact, you may not experience any weight loss if there is no commitment from the patient;
- Losing weight and keeping it off is not easy. You will be supervised by our Innova Weight Loss Solutions team, made up of specialized doctors, psychologists, and nutritionists. Our team will help you make and maintain important changes in your eating and exercise habits;
- Orbera® is placed for a period of six months. If it remains in the stomach for more than six months, there is a risk of complications, such as intestinal obstruction, or rupture of the balloon, which could lead to complications, including the death of the patient;
- Some patients are not eligible to receive the Orbera® treatment. The doctor will ask about your medical history and will also perform a physical exam to determine your eligibility for treatment. Additionally, at the time of placement, the physician may identify internal factors, such as stomach irritation or ulcers, that may impede the Orbera® placement process;
- Orbera® should not be inserted if the patient is pregnant or planning to become pregnant within the next six months or is breastfeeding;
- Complications that may result from the use of Orbera® include the risks associated with any procedure that is performed endoscopically, as well as the patient’s ability to tolerate a foreign object placed in their stomach. Possible complications include: partial or complete blockage of the intestine by the balloon and/or perforation of the stomach (which can be fatal), insufficient or no weight loss, adverse health consequences as a result of weight loss, upset stomach, ongoing nausea and vomiting, abdominal or back pain, reflux, heartburn, influence on the digestion of food, obstruction of food entering the stomach, growth of bacteria in the fluid that fills the balloon, which can lead to infections, injuries to the lining of the digestive tract, stomach, or esophagus, and ultimately, the balloon can deflate;
- Important: For complete safety information, visit Orbera.com/ISI, consult your physician, or call Apollo Customer Service at 855-700-0780.
CAUTION: Orbera® is only available by prescription.
* These quotes are from patient testimonials and individual results may vary.